WHAT IS CEREC?
CEREC, or ‘Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics’, is a computer aided dental restoration technology.
A CEREC system consists of three components:
1. Acquisition unit: to take a detailed image of the tooth, or teeth. This means no more messy impression materials in your mouth.
2. CEREC software: to generate a precise 3D image on which a design is based.
3. Milling unit: the unit which generates the ceramic crown or filling.
WHY CHOOSE CEREC?
1. No need for messy impressions that give you that gagging sensation.
2. Porcelain restorations are longer lasting and more cosmetically appealing than traditional white composite fillings. 3. This process allows dentists to design, produce and insert individual ceramic restorations such as crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers and bridges in a single visit
Only one appointment is required.
Average costs may vary between $500 and $1800 per tooth.
ASK YOUR INEEDA DENTIST
Have you previously completed CEREC work? This allows you to see and assess the quality of your dentists’ previous work.
Are there any hidden costs? For instance, does the quote include all costs such as x-rays?
Is the work guaranteed? If it is, for how long? What happens if veneers break within the time frame?
Will lab made restorations be better? In some instances, such as highly cosmetic cases or grinders, a lab produced restoration may better suit your needs.