I need a dentist expert tips
- There are many options for tooth whitening from professional treatments to whitening toothpastes. Not all products give the same result and some products may even harm your teeth like some over-the-counter products that contain sodium chlorite. First consult with your dental practitioner, who will examine your mouth and teeth to ensure they are healthy to undergo the whitening treatment and then will recommend what will give you the results you want and deserve.
- Tooth sensitivity can occur during any of the forms of tooth whitening. Zoom whitening is controlled and has ingredients to minimise the possibility of sensitivity.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers, people who are immune-compromised or individuals under 15 years of age, should consult with their doctor and dental practitioner before whitening. For some patients, the suggestion might be to not do in-chair whitening but undergo take-home whitening. Your dental practitioner is trained to recommend the right procedure for you.
- Philips Zoom Chairside Whiteningis clinically proven to whiten teeth up to eight shades in 45 minutes*. Some of your teeth may be darker than the rest and may not whiten to the same extent. Your Zoom dental practitioner will discuss this with you.
- Always talk with your dental practitioner about your tooth colour before having any fillings or cosmetic dental treatment done.
* with Zoom! WhiteSpeed 25%; 45 minutes does not include application time.
WHY SHOULD I WHITEN MY TEETH WITH PHILIPS ZOOM LIGHT ACTIVATED WHITENING?
The Philips Zoom Chairside Whitening System is the #1 patient-requested professional whitening brand**. It isa light-assisted tooth whitening procedure to whiten discoloured teeth that is usually carried out in a 45-60 minute appointment. Whitening teeth helps boost a person’s confidence and self-esteem with a natural-looking bright smile.
What is involved when I have Zoom Chairside Whitening?
You will sit in the dental chair for about an hour. An initial tooth shade is recorded. The process involves isolating your teeth and protecting your lips and gums during the whitening process. Philips Zoom Whitening Gel contains hydrogen peroxide and is applied to your teeth. The Philips Zoom Lamp is then positioned and turned on for a 15 minute session. At the end of 15 minutes, the lamp is removed, the dental practitioner checks your comfort and then a fresh layer of hydrogen peroxide gel is applied. 3-4 applications of this gel occurs. The dental practitioner confirms the final tooth shade, and provides products to minimise sensitivity and for any additional whitening required at home.
** In the U.S.
What is Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite?
Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite are professional strength take-home whitening treatments dispensed by your dental practitioner. Unlike over-the-counter whitening products, Philips Zoom offers the flexibility of a fully customisable whitening experience that can be tailored to meet your whitening needs. Your dental practitioner will determine if in-chair whitening or take-home whitening or a combination of both is the best treatment for you after examining your teeth and discussing your needs.
How do Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite work?
Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite are whitening gels that you wear in a custom tray that your dental practitioner makes for your mouth. The trays allow you to whiten your teeth safely by ensuring the whitening gel only has contact with your teeth and does not touch your gums.
How long will it take?
Teeth can be noticeably whiter with Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite take-home in one to two weeks, depending on your individual circumstances.
How is it different from other whitening treatments?
Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite contain special ingredients to produce brilliant results while reducing sensitivity, delivering superior enamel protection, and helping to improve the lustre of your teeth.
Is teeth whitening safe?
Yes. Extensive research and clinical studies have shown that whitening your teeth with carbamide or hydrogen peroxide under the supervision of a dental practitioner is safe for teeth and gums. Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite tooth whitening gels contain fluoride and ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate) to help deliver superior enamel protection throughout the whitening process.
Will whitening weaken or damage my teeth?
No. Zoom Whitening will not damage or weaken your teeth. DayWhite and NiteWhite take-home whitening also include fluoride, ACP and potassium nitrate. Fluoride and ACP have been shown to help strengthen and protect enamel, while potassium nitrate helps to reduce tooth sensitivity. Together they help maintain the health of the teeth.
Where can I find a dental practitioner who performs Zoom whitening?
Your nearest Zoom dental practitioner can be found at this link https://ineedadentist.com/findadentist
ASK YOUR INEEDA DENTIST
How much will it cost?
What happens to the colour of fillings, crowns or veneers if my natural teeth are whitened?
What aftercare do you provide?